Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Zergs big adventure with Xfinity

Randomly the other day I checked my network connection. I saw some
cellphone that I did not recognize. As soon as I went to the Xfinity
website to check the gateway - the phone went away. But I had already
grabbed a screenshot of it. It was an old smartphone.

Today I was on the phone with Xfinity for an hour. Thy admitted that
it was not normal. I got bumped up to the security group and all he
suggested was to change my password and run a security scan. He
sounded like Garret Morris from the old SNL.

I offered to send the screenshot to them but they couldn't give a
shat. They also said they had no indication of any cellphone on my
network recently.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Are hackers breaking into Xfinity
WiFi gateways / home routers using old smartphones?

No comments:

Post a Comment