Sunday, February 24, 2019

Franklin County MA - radio system failing

https://www.recorder.com/b1-Franklin-County-to-replace-failing-emergency-communications-system-23441344

iirc I applied to be their radio engineer (or maybe dispatch center
boss) when I was a freshman in college - 1976 - iirc they called me at
college in Chicago and wanted to meet me - I must have told them I
couldnt afford to fly myself to Greenfield - they offered to withdraw
my application - LOL - they shoulda friggin hired me - I could have at
at least kept a spreadsheet of where their repeaters were located -
lol

note - they have 2 countywide uhf simulcast channels - 1 for police
and 1 for fire - and they have approx 50 other UHF repeaters around
the county

I have no idea why they have radio problems - they should have 1000000% coverage

note - county to north is uhf police and vhf fire - countys to west
and south are VHF high - county to east is misshgaz mushugana whatever

No comments:

Post a Comment